Sports Medicine/inner thigh/groin discomfort

Question
For the past 2 years i have had tightness and discomfort in my upper inner thigh/groin area. I have no bulge or anything. It started 2 years ago after i lifted some weights but after a few months it for better but then i lifted again 5 months ago and it came back..I was diagnosed with prostatitis, not sure if it has to deal with that??..Mostly it bothers me when i first sit down or have to go to the bathroom as in number 2..I use a thigh wrap all the time and that tends to help and well so does when I drink alcohol it seems to relax more.. But the discomfort moves as well to inner thigh groin area and up to my hip area..,,,Also the discomfort is like almost all the time besides when i lay down after awhile...Any ideas of what it could be??..Please help

Answer
It sounds like it could be a adductor or hip flexor strain.  I would see a sports medicine specialist about this.  They would be able to locate the muscle/muscles affected and put you on a very good PT program that should resolve the issue.

If things don't get better they may also order an MRI.

Dr. Ketan Mody
Elite Sports Medicine Institute, LTD
Westmont IL

Sports Medicine

Ketan Mody