Sports Medicine/inner thigh/groin discomfort

For the past 2 years i have had tightness and discomfort in my upper inner thigh/groin area. I have no bulge or anything. It started 2 years ago after i lifted some weights but after a few months it for better but then i lifted again 5 months ago and it came back..I was diagnosed with prostatitis, not sure if it has to deal with that??..Mostly it bothers me when i first sit down or have to go to the bathroom as in number 2..I use a thigh wrap all the time and that tends to help and well so does when I drink alcohol it seems to relax more.. But the discomfort moves as well to inner thigh groin area and up to my hip area..,,,Also the discomfort is like almost all the time besides when i lay down after awhile...Any ideas of what it could be??..Please help

It sounds like it could be a adductor or hip flexor strain.  I would see a sports medicine specialist about this.  They would be able to locate the muscle/muscles affected and put you on a very good PT program that should resolve the issue.

If things don't get better they may also order an MRI.

Dr. Ketan Mody
Elite Sports Medicine Institute, LTD
Westmont IL

Sports Medicine

Ketan Mody

Sports Medicine. foot injuries, ankle injuries, knee injuries, injections, PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections, shoulder problems, back pain, neck pain, concussions, hip pain, elbow pain, hand/wrist problems. Marathoners, triathletes, football, everyday home injuries, general orthopedics, generalized pain

I have been a Sports Medicine Physician since 2006. I did my fellowship at UConn and worked in a big ortho group for 2 years and the last 3 plus years have owned my own Sports Medicine Practice. I have trained in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Houston, Dallas, LA, Connecticut, Australia.

Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, University of Connecticut Hartford, CT Family Practice Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Pittsburgh, PA Medical Doctor, The Chicago Medical School, Finch University Health Sciences Chicago, IL Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, IL

Graduated with High Honours Resident Advisor Awards for best community program and advisor of the year Stryker Awards for Community Service Deanís List

As a physician it is against the law to give names of patients. They run from everyday kids to competitive athletes, olympians, pro players, college players and HS.