Sports Medicine/inner thigh/groin discomfort

For the past two years i have had tightness and discomfort in my upper inner thigh/groin area. I have no bulge or anything. It started 2 years ago after i lifted some weights but after a few months it for better but then i lifted again 5 months ago and it came back..I was diagnosed with prostatitis, not sure if it has to deal with that??..Mostly it bothers me when i first sit down or have to go to the bathroom as in number 2..I use a thigh wrap all the time and that tends to help and well so does when I drink alcohol it seems to relax more.. But the discomfort moves as well to inner thigh groin area and up to my hip area..,,,Also the discomfort is like almost all the time besides when i lay down after awhile...Any ideas of what it could be??..Please help

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some discomfort.  It sounds like you have a myriad of things that cause the pain, so it's a little hard to try to narrow down what it might be.  I think it would be helpful for you to see an orthopaedic specialist to see if it is musculoskeletal in nature. It would also likely be wise for you to follow up with your primary care physician regarding the prostatits, if you aren't already doing that on a regular basis.

Sorry to not be able to direct you more, but I think my suggestions are a starting point.

Kind regards,

Sports Medicine

Hope T. Horton, RN, BSN

Questions related to knee, shoulder, hip and ankle injuries, including treatment options and what is involved in recovery from injuries including surgical and non surgical interventions.

I an a registered nurse and have worked in orthopaedics and sports medicine for over twenty years (since 1993).

Graduated summa cum laude as the valedictorian from Regis University in Denver, CO with my BSN. Prior to that I was an EMT working in emergency rooms in Vail, CO and Denver, CO as well as on an ambulance in Vail, CO.

Elected Valedictorian of my class and awarded to Regent Award for excellence in academics. Elected to Phi Beta Kappa.