Sports Medicine/Levator Scapulae

Question

I am 23, 185lbs, ft. I've been diagnosed with a winged scapula that has been an issue for over 1 year. I had a nerve test done and no damage. I also have good posture and exercise regularly. I have gone through physical therapy that seemed to help build stabilizing muscles but the issue remains and I'm almost confident that the problem is within the base of my neck. After regularly stretching my neck it got to the point where it would crack at the base near C7. The pain and symptoms have persisted and have continued onto my right side. It feels like my left shoulder is rolled foreword and my right back ward. Do you have any recommendations on treatment or exercises focused on this area?

Thanks in advance, this is the first time I've tried this website

Answer
Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry you are having problems with your scapula and neck. I think a good starting point would be to get an MRI of your scapula and neck so you could get information and an idea of what is going on so you could then direct your treatment accordingly.

Best of luck and I wish you a full recovery.

Kind regards,
Hope

Sports Medicine

Hope T. Horton, RN, BSN