Sports Medicine/Pain in legs

Hi i am 24 yr old male. About 5 month back i started running and 1 one day i had 100 m sprint. After that i started feeling pain in knee,shin and calf(more in left leg). I consulted a physiotherapist for it and i was fine after 10 days. But after that i realized that whenever i give stress to the leg, i feel pain. When i play with proper stretching and exercise, the knee is fine. But if i don't than i feel pain in knees and in side/upper thigh(left leg). I've also consulted a general physician for this and he asked me to have few tests and they were fine. But pain is still there. Kindly suggest now what should i do?

you sound like you have patella femoral pain syndrome and shin splints. I would see a sports medicine physician not a generalist and hvae them send you to a 6 week course of PT.

This will help strengthen your calf, knee and hip muscles all of which will help your issues.

Sports Medicine

Ketan Mody

Sports Medicine. foot injuries, ankle injuries, knee injuries, injections, PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections, shoulder problems, back pain, neck pain, concussions, hip pain, elbow pain, hand/wrist problems. Marathoners, triathletes, football, everyday home injuries, general orthopedics, generalized pain

I have been a Sports Medicine Physician since 2006. I did my fellowship at UConn and worked in a big ortho group for 2 years and the last 3 plus years have owned my own Sports Medicine Practice. I have trained in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Houston, Dallas, LA, Connecticut, Australia.

Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, University of Connecticut Hartford, CT Family Practice Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Pittsburgh, PA Medical Doctor, The Chicago Medical School, Finch University Health Sciences Chicago, IL Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, IL

Graduated with High Honours Resident Advisor Awards for best community program and advisor of the year Stryker Awards for Community Service Deanís List

As a physician it is against the law to give names of patients. They run from everyday kids to competitive athletes, olympians, pro players, college players and HS.