Sports Medicine/Nose bleed during high impact exercise

Question
Hi and thank you for taking the time to read my question. I get nose bleeds as soon as I do high impact aerobics. This happened three consecutive times. I do live in a city with dry climate and exercise first thing in the morning at home in my home gym; my goal right now is to maximize fat loss. So far, I have slept beside a humidifier and increased my fluid intake. The nose bleeds starts within the minute of me doing anything high impact. I start up with a 5 minute walk on the treadmill before I go into anything high impact.

What more can I do so that I won't get nose bleeds. I don't get any other nosebleeds during the day. It seems to be exclusive to exercise.

Thank you,
Rhys

Answer
Dear Rhys,

I'm sorry to hear about your nose bleeds. It sounds like you are doing things right using the dehumidifier and keeping hydrated.  At this point, I think it would be wise to see an internist, or more specifically, an Ears, Nose, Throat specialist to evaluate why you might be getting the nose bleeds when you exercise.

Wishing you the best in your endeavors!

Kind regards,
Hope

Sports Medicine

Hope T. Horton, RN, BSN