Sports Medicine/Chronic Pain

Dr. Weil,

Alright so the rib that I discussed with you that healed different apparently is not causing my back pain.

I went to visit the orthopedic surgeon that was treating me and told that I basically have chronic muscle skeletal pain, which he said after referring me to pain management, PT, acupuncture, electric stimulation and massage therapy that there was nothing more that they could do for me at this point.  The orthopedic surgeon referred me back to my primary care doctor and my primary care doctor said that it is most likely that after 2 1/2 years of getting treatment and no results that the condition that I am dealing with is a permanent condition.

I spoke with the orthopedic surgeon about the primary care doctor telling me that my condition was permanent and said it was most very likely that my condition was now permanent as well.  He then said that he would not be able to put this on paper, but did tell me that with all the treatments that I would have to be referred over to workman's comp.  He said the workman's comp doctor would then write a permanent and stationary document based on all the the medical treatments I have gone through.  

Now, if this is the case what happens if the workman's comp doctor says other wise and if he does agree with the permanent work status that my treating doctor gave what happens after that?

Hi Mark- sorry to hear you've had such an ordeal. You've got to follow through with the workman's comp process & be examined & evaluated by their doctors. No reason to believe you're legitimate pain & inability to resolve it would be something that's doubted by comp Dr. but you might want to retain legal advice with disability attorney. Hopefully, working with pain management specialists & other alternative treatments will give you some relief.. DO NOT GIVE UP! Good luck, Dr. Bob Weil

Sports Medicine

Dr. Bob Weil

Diagnosis & treatment & PREVENTION of foot & foot related lower extremity sports related problems. Indications & uses of prescription in shoe orthotics. Foot, ankle functional exercises for injury prevention & enhanced performance. Specific specialty in orthotic use in figure skating & hockey. Access to all topics re sports medicine at radio shows & articles re "the physical & mental challenges of the high performance youth athlete.

Podiatry Management Magazine, 9/10/10, "Hitting the Airwaves- this podiatrist uses his own radio show to promote Podiatry Podiatry Management Mag-6/-7/2010, "Figure Skating, Olympic Gold, & Podiatry Lower Extremity Review,7/2012, Pediatric Obesity weighs on Bones & Joints Numerous articles,"the sports doctor"- listed news articles 3 years of weekly radio shows, "the sports doctor", listed shows

BA degree science Univ. Louisville, Doctor Podiatric Medicine, Scholls College Podiatric Medicine, Chicago, Ill.

Treated many athletes in all sports, tennis- John McEnroe, Tracy Austin, numerous members of 85 Super Bowl Bears Evan Lysacek, 2010 men's Olympic Gold Medal figure skating champion.