Sports Medicine/Foot injury sky diving

Question
foot
foot  

foot
foot  
Hello Dr. George, recently I had bad landing while sky diving, due to very bad weather I landed backwards and on my heels, now my ankle doesn't look good, I am adding photos from both sides and let me tell you that I can walk without any problems, the only pain I have is on heel when I try to move my foot downwards and upwards, let me repeat, I CAN WALK, I can put pressure on my foot and it's fine, just not so good when moving up or down. The reason why I am asking YOU and not going to the emergency, because I can't be plastered at the moment because I have some important things to do, maybe you could give any advice how I can try to make it feel better in home conditions too. Thanks in advance for Your time!

Answer
Dear John,

This Orthopedic Chicago Podiatrist located in West Loop 60661,Roscoe Village 60618, Elmhurst 60126 & Bartlett 60103 says...
For your suspected foot and/or ankle injury. The fact that it hurts indicates that something has been injured. The fact that you can walk on it does not mean it is not fractured.
Go see your local podiatrist-that said....
Try PRICE
Protect-Wear an ankle brace around the ankle and limit the movements that aggravate it.
Rest-Speaks for itself-perhaps the weekend when you are off-rest it.
Ice- Will help if the ankle is painful and a little with the swelling.  
Compress-Ace wrap  or ankle sleeve
Elevate-Will help if the ankle throbs or swells at the end of the day.
If it continues to hurt or gets worse-go see your local Podiatrist.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
The podiatrists of AnkleNFootCenters.com are specialists in orthopedics and sports medicine.
We are located in Chicago & Elmhurst

Dr George Tsatsos & Svetlana Zats
Podiatrist Chicago 60618 & Elmhurst 60126 Podiatrists
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

DISCLAIMER:
This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctor’s orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further.

Sports Medicine

Dr George Tsatsos