Sports Medicine/partial acl tear and type 3 meniscus tear

Question
Hi, first of all i have had myself checked by two doctors and have done all the exams that i was required to, im here just to seek a 3rd opinion, so i do high impact workouts such as insanity and i am pretty aware of how to take care of my muscles and knees, a few months ago i fell and twisted my leg and started having tendon pains and knee pains i went to get it checked i did an x ray of it and other exams i was completely fine i was prescribed some esteroid shot and some vitamins to deal with the liquid and the pain, i rested for a month and a half,and i started working out again, i had no problem with my knee nor did i feel any pain however sometimes on random ocassions and random activities i would get like a sensibility in that knee (the right one) i had a magnetic resonance done and turns out i have a partial acl tear and a type 3 meniscus tear, my doctor said that since it is selective that i can avoid surgery by going to therapy and strengthening my quadricep, in my therapy sessions and i do like an hour or more of isometric excercises everyday, since i dont feel any type of pain i dont know if im getting any better, i wanted to know if you agree with my diagnosis or if you recommend anything so i can speed up my recovery thank you in advance i will be waiting for your response

Answer
Hi Yillana- couple points you should keep in mind:
1. Sounds like you've done your due dilligance & gotten tests & med opinions-
2. Conservative management sounds best initially, & you're not hurting but insanity is quite intense so you might cool all the bounding & jumping
3. You don't mention your gender or age which can make difference in your "athletic outlook"-- females more susceptible to knee stress
4. Consider paying big attention to foot mechanics & shoes-- Pronated feet more knee stress to knees
  Look at orthotics very seriously for best chance of structural stability with knees, especially with your diag of tears-- make sure you are in proper shoes for your foot type. Also, no insanity without shoes & cool it with the jumping. See how this works, as part of your "return to action", & follow guidelines of your physical therapist & Dr. Nothing wrong with getting surgical opinion.  Hope this helps, good luck, Dr. Bob Weil

Sports Medicine

Dr. Bob Weil