Sports Trading/Collect Cards/1972 Jerry West Icee Bear Card Graded PSA 8

Question
Hello, I was looking at one of these cards to buy and it is graded PSA 8.  I was wondering what this card may be worth before I buy it.  I'm not looking to resell to make money however I am looking to get this card as a gift for a family member who is crazy about both basketball and Jerry West.  Just getting an idea if the price they are asking is reasonable.  Thank You, Lee

Answer
Lee,
  The card you are looking to buy is quite a difficult card to find. But there is also very limited collector interest, so it is not terribly expensive. I have seen ungraded ones go for $20 to $80, and PSA 9's go for between $100 and $130. I have never seen a PSA 8 sell. But I would extrapolate that one should be worth between $70 and $80.
  One other note, you can buy a PSA 8 right now on checkoutmycards.com for $118.00 and a PSA 9 just sold on eBay for $125.00.  So at least you have a top end for your value. I do think the $118 is very high for this card in that grade, but at least it is available.
Good luck,

Sports Trading/Collect Cards

Bob Livingston