Sports Trading/Collect Cards/Nolan Ryan Card

Nolan Ryan 1
Nolan Ryan 1  

Nolan Ryan 2
Nolan Ryan 2  
My friend gave me some cards and this one stuck out. I thought it was a Starting Lineups Card at first. Or a Promo card? I just don't know and I was wondering if you can please tell me what kind of card this is, it has no manufacturer stamp or card number on front or back of card. I just hope it's not a cereal or sunflower seed card. Thank you very much for your time.

Mikey A.
San Diego, CA

I am traveling and away from by books right now. So I can not look anything up to confirm. But the card is not licensed so it will not be worth very much. I am positive it would be worth in the $1.00 or less range. There are hundreds of licensed Nolan Ryan cards out there and lots that  are worth less than a dollar,  so this should be worth less than those.
   Plus the card is badly designed and just plain...well plain ugly.
 So it does not matter how it was distributed. It is of little value.
Good luck, and I will update if I find exactly what it is.

Sports Trading/Collect Cards

Bob Livingston

I can answer questions about Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and Football cards printed before 1980. Also I can answer some questions about pre-1980 Sports Memorabilia, autographs, and Unlimited Hydroplane racing and memorabilia. I also can answer questions about pathological collecting and hoarding. And questions about liquidating collections and hoards.

My brother and myself have been dealers and price setters in antiques, sport cards, Unlimited Hydroplane racing and local Pacific Northwest sports cards and memorabilia. We were owners of University Trading Co. and U-Trading Cards (In Seattle Washington) from 1980 until retirement in 2006. 35 years of experience as consultant with medical professionals for compulsive behavior and collecting. 20 years experience as consultant for insurance companies specializing in collectibles and sports memorabilia.

Washington State Sports Collectors Association

Pricing information on Baseball cards, Basketball card and Football cards was supplied to Jim Beckett by myself and my brother for inclusion in his price guides.

I have made hundreds of thousands of deals in the collecting field. And in so doing I have made lots of mistakes. I remember some of my good deals and all of my mistakes. General Education: St. Martins University 1979, University of Washington 1983, Ho Chi Minh University