Sports Trading/Collect Cards/Misprint Dan Marino Rookie 1984

Question
Dan Marino misprint
Dan Marino misprint  

Dan Marino misprint
Dan Marino misprint  
I have a Dan Marino rookie card from 1984, it's card number 123.
I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the misprint. I did a lot of research and couldn't find another one. The front of the card has great centering and color. but the back of the card has the misprint, the green looks like it was printed twice. the number 123 on the back has the number twice, the second number 123 is a lighter green, everything in green looks like it was printed over , slid over aneighth of an inch and then print again. I looked it over thinking maybe it was a fake but it's not. Wondering if you might know the value, the card hadn't been graded yet but if guess it's a 9+ gem

Answer
Brentyn,
  First off, if you think the card(or error) may not be genuine you can send it in for grading and authentication. Send to PSA or Beckett.
   Looking at the images I believe the card and the printing are all good and the card is genuine.
  As for value, if the card was a common card this kind of error would not be worth much of a premium. For Dan Marino that is a different story. I would guess you could get a 50% premium over the value of a similar non error card. The second image shows a slight deformation of the corner. My estimation is that the card would come back from PSA as an 8 if all else was similar. The value of your card would be $60 to $90. That being said, I can not grade it from these images. If it were really a "9+" it would be worth substantially more. To get the big money you would have to send the card in for grading and it would have to come back with the high grade.
Good luck.  

Sports Trading/Collect Cards

Bob Livingston