Springboard and Platform Diving/instructor certification

Hi ,
I am interested in doing a course to train divers here in Bermuda. We have recently built a diving facility , and presently do not have an instructor.How do i ascertain a course in the U.S.A preferably on the east coast or online.

Eugene -

There is an on line safety certification course offered by USA Diving, the National Governing Body for diving here in the states. I do not know if a non US citizen can take it though. You are going to need to contact them directly and tell them about your situation and see if you are eligible to take the course. Go to www.usadiving.org and click on 'Contact Us'. Look for Jason Baumann's e-mail address. He is the Director of Education for USA Diving and can answer your questions. While at this site, click on 'Store'. It will take you to a page that has books on sale that will help you start coaching. Also click on the links that say, DVD's CD's and cd-roms. They have lots of educational materials you will want to get.

Good luck.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp

I can answer any questions pertaining to all levels of springboard and platform diving including : beginner lessons, intermediate, advanced, high school, Junior Olympic, AAU, Masters (Adult), Collegiate and Senior diving. Questions about training, technique, competitions, dryland training including trampoline and dry board.I can answer questions about how to judge/referee diving events.Also questions about how run, direct and administrate all different types of diving meets from novice events through Olympic Trials.I am also available as a consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving diving. I cannot answer questions about swimming (how to dive off a starting block) or SCUBA diving.

3 time U.S. Diving National Team Coach. Coached World, International and National Junior Olympic individual and team champions. Collegiate level experience (Junior College and Division I).Chairman, U. S. Diving Region 10 and Northern California Diving Associations. Professional diving referee, judge and meet director including U.S. Diving Junior and Senior Nationals, National Qualifying events and Division I collegiate events including the 2010 Men's NCAA Division I Diving Championships. Head Referee for the Big 12 and ACC Conference Diving Championships.Competition Director for past NCAA Men's Division I Nationals and numerous Pac 10 Conference Championships.In 2010, attended the FINA Junior Olympic World Diving Championships to take the International Judging Certification Class which was successfull completed.

U.S. Diving. AAU Diving. Professional Diving Coaches Association. FINA.

B.S. in Recreation and California Teaching Credential in Physical Education/Aquatics. U.S. Diving Safety Certified Coach.

U.S. Diving National Award of Excellence. Northern California Diving Association Coach of the Year. U.S. Diving Region 10 Coach of the Year