Springboard and Platform Diving/masters program in Florida Keys?

Question
Hi Tom and other experts,

I want to retire to the Florida Keys, near a masters diving program.  Is there one in Islamorada?  Or somewhere else down there?  If so, what is the contact information?  

Thank you for helping me - your website has been a great help to my daughter who is a diving coach in Asheville NC - not a lot of springboard diving there, so she really values your advice on the website.

Elizabeth Towne, Connecticut (yes I'm already a master diver!)

Answer
Hi Elizabeth -

There is a team on Islamorada called Jetstream Diving that is run by Joe Greenwell. I do not know if he has a Masters Program or not. You should be able to find his contact info at www.usadiving.org. Click on Join USA Diving and then Find A Club. Enter FLA and a list of teams will come up. If he is not on there, try www.aaudiving.org and navigate your way to finding his contact info. Another source is www.divemeets.com. Click on Find and then Teams or Coaches. Finally, there is www.mastersdiving.com (or is it .org?). Click on E-mail addresses and look for people in Florida and e-mail them to find out where they dive. You can also use their message board and post a message asking for help finding a coach.

Good luck. I am sure you will find something as diving is big in South Florida.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp