Springboard and Platform Diving/Diving clubs in Seattle

Are there other diving programs in the Seattle area besides Pacific Northwest Diving in Federal Way?  My daughter tried that program but the drive down there required too much time.

Amy -

The distance problem you are facing is due to the fact that the only diving pool in Puget Sound that has all the equipment it takes to run a club team is found in Federal Way. All the other pools in the area are too shallow to have the 3 meter boards and platforms. So while a small team could possibly start somewhere else (at like a high school pool) no one I know of seems to be interested in doing it. The other problem is finding the pool time in a facility that is primarily for swimming.

I know that there is a new aquatic facility opening in September in Snohomish built by the school district. Hopefully someone will try and start something there. In the meantime, you will just have to make the drive to the King County Aquatic Center.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp

I can answer any questions pertaining to all levels of springboard and platform diving including : beginner lessons, intermediate, advanced, high school, Junior Olympic, AAU, Masters (Adult), Collegiate and Senior diving. Questions about training, technique, competitions, dryland training including trampoline and dry board.I can answer questions about how to judge/referee diving events.Also questions about how run, direct and administrate all different types of diving meets from novice events through Olympic Trials.I am also available as a consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving diving. I cannot answer questions about swimming (how to dive off a starting block) or SCUBA diving.

3 time U.S. Diving National Team Coach. Coached World, International and National Junior Olympic individual and team champions. Collegiate level experience (Junior College and Division I).Chairman, U. S. Diving Region 10 and Northern California Diving Associations. Professional diving referee, judge and meet director including U.S. Diving Junior and Senior Nationals, National Qualifying events and Division I collegiate events including the 2010 Men's NCAA Division I Diving Championships. Head Referee for the Big 12 and ACC Conference Diving Championships.Competition Director for past NCAA Men's Division I Nationals and numerous Pac 10 Conference Championships.In 2010, attended the FINA Junior Olympic World Diving Championships to take the International Judging Certification Class which was successfull completed.

U.S. Diving. AAU Diving. Professional Diving Coaches Association. FINA.

B.S. in Recreation and California Teaching Credential in Physical Education/Aquatics. U.S. Diving Safety Certified Coach.

U.S. Diving National Award of Excellence. Northern California Diving Association Coach of the Year. U.S. Diving Region 10 Coach of the Year