Springboard and Platform Diving/Be a diving coach in New Zealand

Question
Hi Tom

I am an ex-diver, 3 times Olympian and 3 times gold medalist at the European championships. Now I am a diving coach here in Italy and I would like to move to New Zealand and be a coach there.

Can you help me?

Answer
Hi Nick -

The best way to find a coaching job in New Zealand is to contact their diving federation. Here is the information you need:

1. Go to www.fina.org
2. On their home page, click on 'Structure'
3. On the Structure page, look on the left side and scroll down to 'National Federations'
4. At the Federations page, click on 'Oceania'.
5. Now click on New Zealand and it will take you to their national information page.
6. Under Diving New Zealand, you will find addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses. Contact them and see what they have available.

I would not expect much in the way of making a lot of money though. They do not receive very much funding to send teams to major diving meets. They also did not do well enough in international competition to send divers to last years Olympics. I have heard that they want a very good coach but I am unsure if they have the money to attract one. Good luck in your search.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp