Springboard and Platform Diving/Summer High School level springboard programs

Question
Good afternoon.  My son just finished his first year of diving for the East Lyme HS swim/dive team and it was great experience.  He currently goes to the pool twice a week at night to train with a former high school diver turned coach but we need more board time.  Are there any programs you know of locally in South Eastern Ct?  I heard Wessleyan in Middletown and Trinity in Hartford might have some programs.  Looking for something closer, perhaps Connecticut College in New London.  Please let me know.  Kevin Sullivan

Answer
Kevin -

Since I have never been to your state, I am unfamiliar with what programs are closest to you. Here are some websites to go to and find a team that suits your son geographically:

www.usadiving.org - Click on Join USA Diving and then Find A Club. Enter CT and a list of teams will come up.

www.aaudiving.org - This is another national governing body for diving where you can find a team but it is a little harder to navigate. He may have to become a member of AAU in order to dive for a new program.

www.divemeets.com - Click on Find and then Teams. A very long list come up. Under AAU Diving, scroll down looking at the third column for teams in CT. Click on the teams name for contact info. Scroll down farther to find teams under USA Diving. Also at this site under Find, click on Pools. Look for pools in CT. Click on the Pools name for location. This means that the pool hosted a big meet and most likely has a diving program.

www.swimmersguide.com - Navigate your way to finding pools near you with diving boards.

You might also consider having him go to a summer camp for diving. Good ones are found at the University of Indiana (Bloomington), University of Tennessee (Knoxville) and University of Texas (Austin).

Good luck. I am sure you will find a team he likes.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp