Springboard and Platform Diving/Platform diving

Hi Tom,

I am trying to find a diving coach in the Dallas area. Do you know of anyone or have any suggestion as to what is the best way to fond a private coach?

Thank you,

Chris Como

Chris -

You live in a part of Texas where diving is very strong and you will have no problem finding a coach. There are teams at SMU and also in the Grapevine area. Just go to www.usadiving.org, click on Join USA Diving and Find A Club. Enter TX and a list of teams will come up with contact information. Look for GC Divers and Mustangs in the Sun.

Other diving websites to check out are:

www.aaudiving.org - You may have to join this organization to be a part of a team.

www.divemeets.com - Click on Find and then Pools, Teams or Coaches.

www.diving.about.com - Site that explains the sport.

Good luck. I am sure you will find a coach you like.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp

I can answer any questions pertaining to all levels of springboard and platform diving including : beginner lessons, intermediate, advanced, high school, Junior Olympic, AAU, Masters (Adult), Collegiate and Senior diving. Questions about training, technique, competitions, dryland training including trampoline and dry board.I can answer questions about how to judge/referee diving events.Also questions about how run, direct and administrate all different types of diving meets from novice events through Olympic Trials.I am also available as a consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving diving. I cannot answer questions about swimming (how to dive off a starting block) or SCUBA diving.

3 time U.S. Diving National Team Coach. Coached World, International and National Junior Olympic individual and team champions. Collegiate level experience (Junior College and Division I).Chairman, U. S. Diving Region 10 and Northern California Diving Associations. Professional diving referee, judge and meet director including U.S. Diving Junior and Senior Nationals, National Qualifying events and Division I collegiate events including the 2010 Men's NCAA Division I Diving Championships. Head Referee for the Big 12 and ACC Conference Diving Championships.Competition Director for past NCAA Men's Division I Nationals and numerous Pac 10 Conference Championships.In 2010, attended the FINA Junior Olympic World Diving Championships to take the International Judging Certification Class which was successfull completed.

U.S. Diving. AAU Diving. Professional Diving Coaches Association. FINA.

B.S. in Recreation and California Teaching Credential in Physical Education/Aquatics. U.S. Diving Safety Certified Coach.

U.S. Diving National Award of Excellence. Northern California Diving Association Coach of the Year. U.S. Diving Region 10 Coach of the Year