Springboard and Platform Diving/ladder placement

Question
When a 3m springboard is being used, where should the exit ladders be placed? Should they only be placed on the sides of the pool and not under the diving board? Thanks for your help

Lane Stillings
City of Marysville
Marysville Ohio

Answer
Lane -

Exit ladders in pool with diving boards are usually placed in an area where patrons can swim to them and get out of the pool without swimming under the path of another patron going off of a different board. Because I do not know how many diving boards your pool has and where they are located relative to one another (or other aquatic objects like lane lines), it is difficult to answer your question accurately. There could be a safe place at your pool to have a ladder under the board in question but I need to see a diagram or picture of your pool to help you better.

If you would like to send me a picture or drawing of your pool with information on exactly where your boards and other features are located, feel free to send them to my e-mail address listed at the end of this answer. In the meantime, on Face Book in the search box, enter 'Diving News - By Flipnrip', click on 'photos' and that will take you to  page with hundreds of pictures of diving pools across the US and around the world. Click on a photo of a pool where you can see the ladders and hopefully that will help you.

I look forward to helping you further with this question.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp