Springboard and Platform Diving/Adult diving workshops

Question
I would like to know if there are any springboard diving workshops for adults who want concentrated practice and instruction.

Answer
There are two diving programs in your state that probably offer workouts to adults. You can find them by going to www.usadiving.org. Click on Join USA Diving and Find A Club. At the next page, read the short paragraph and click on 'here'. At that page enter your state, or neighboring state and look for programs near you. One club is found at The University of Missouri and the other in a suburb of St. Louis. While at the USA Diving site, look into joining as a masters diver as you may have to be a member to dive at either of these two programs or to attend a clinic.

You can also go to www.mastersdiving.org. Click on Contact Us and ask for a guest user name and password. There is a message board there where you could post a note asking about any clinics happening this summer. There is also an e-mail list at this site where you could keep scrolling and looking for people in your state. E-mail them and ask where they practice or attend clinics. I know that there is a 3 day clinic in July for Masters Divers being held in Mission Viejo Calif. You can find their website (Mission Viejo Nadadores) at the USA Diving site (Find A Club) for more info.

Good luck. I am sure you will find something. You may have to travel though to attend a clinic.

Thanks for the nice comments. For the Mission Viejo clinic, ask for Lisa Meller.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp