Springboard and Platform Diving/diving lessons for kids

Hi there,
I currently live in Destin, Fl and am looking to get my 9 year old daughter into diving lessons. I am having trouble locating any coaching for her. Can you please help in my search.
Thank you!!!

Caryn -

It looks like the city you live in does not have a pool with the diving equipment necessary for diving lessons. I could only find one pool (a YMCA)in Destin and did not find diving lessons available.

The closest city to you with a diving program is 50 miles west in Pensacola. The website address is ww.portcitydiving.com. I know that it is quite a ways to drive but you may just try making a visit on a day and time when they are teaching lessons to girls her age. Have her bring her suit as very often a free trial is offered. If she likes it, you could try it for a month or so diving one day per week for an hour. The next closest city with diving lessons is in Tallahassee and that of course is way too far to drive.

Good luck.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp

I can answer any questions pertaining to all levels of springboard and platform diving including : beginner lessons, intermediate, advanced, high school, Junior Olympic, AAU, Masters (Adult), Collegiate and Senior diving. Questions about training, technique, competitions, dryland training including trampoline and dry board.I can answer questions about how to judge/referee diving events.Also questions about how run, direct and administrate all different types of diving meets from novice events through Olympic Trials.I am also available as a consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving diving. I cannot answer questions about swimming (how to dive off a starting block) or SCUBA diving.

3 time U.S. Diving National Team Coach. Coached World, International and National Junior Olympic individual and team champions. Collegiate level experience (Junior College and Division I).Chairman, U. S. Diving Region 10 and Northern California Diving Associations. Professional diving referee, judge and meet director including U.S. Diving Junior and Senior Nationals, National Qualifying events and Division I collegiate events including the 2010 Men's NCAA Division I Diving Championships. Head Referee for the Big 12 and ACC Conference Diving Championships.Competition Director for past NCAA Men's Division I Nationals and numerous Pac 10 Conference Championships.In 2010, attended the FINA Junior Olympic World Diving Championships to take the International Judging Certification Class which was successfull completed.

U.S. Diving. AAU Diving. Professional Diving Coaches Association. FINA.

B.S. in Recreation and California Teaching Credential in Physical Education/Aquatics. U.S. Diving Safety Certified Coach.

U.S. Diving National Award of Excellence. Northern California Diving Association Coach of the Year. U.S. Diving Region 10 Coach of the Year