Springboard and Platform Diving/diving gear

Question
swim suit
swim suit  
Hello , I was wondering if you could tell me why male divers have not changed from wearing  the small speedo style suits to that of the Jaked  full body suit like the one in the picture , many thanks.

Answer
The suit you have pictured was designed for swimmers to be able to move faster through the water. Divers would not use a suit like this because they are too tight fitting and would restrict their movement.  A suit like this on a diver would make it more difficult to quickly get into a tuck or pike position. Anytime a suit goes below the knees the ability to get into a tuck position is greatly inhibited. It is also the wrong look for a diver. As a judge, I can tell you that when a male diver wears a suit other than what is the norm (a Speedo style suit)it is unattractive and takes away from the divers appearance. They are also very expensive. These are the reasons why you most likely will not see an advanced competitive diver wear this type of Jaked suit. This style is more suited to a recreational level diver.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp