Springboard and Platform Diving/Dive Coach

Can you recommend a Dive coach for a HS Junior to be. Near the Narragansett RI area please. We are looking to summer in RI and would like to find a program/coach near by. Thank you.

Keven -

The area you will be in this summer is not known for any diving programs that I know of. In looking through all the usual sources that I use to help people find diving coaches and programs, I did not come with anything in that area. The closest area that I think would have diving pools is in Providence. I would try and contact the diving coach at Brown University and see if they know of someone who could help you. Here are some websites to try:

www.divemeets.com - click on Find and then Pools. If a pool is listed near where you are staying, they are bound to have a team.

www.swimmersguide.com - An easy site to use to find any pool in the world.

www.usadiving.org and www.aaudiving.com are the two national governing bodies for diving.

Springboard and Platform Diving

Tom Trapp

I can answer any questions pertaining to all levels of springboard and platform diving including : beginner lessons, intermediate, advanced, high school, Junior Olympic, AAU, Masters (Adult), Collegiate and Senior diving. Questions about training, technique, competitions, dryland training including trampoline and dry board.I can answer questions about how to judge/referee diving events.Also questions about how run, direct and administrate all different types of diving meets from novice events through Olympic Trials.I am also available as a consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving diving. I cannot answer questions about swimming (how to dive off a starting block) or SCUBA diving.

3 time U.S. Diving National Team Coach. Coached World, International and National Junior Olympic individual and team champions. Collegiate level experience (Junior College and Division I).Chairman, U. S. Diving Region 10 and Northern California Diving Associations. Professional diving referee, judge and meet director including U.S. Diving Junior and Senior Nationals, National Qualifying events and Division I collegiate events including the 2010 Men's NCAA Division I Diving Championships. Head Referee for the Big 12 and ACC Conference Diving Championships.Competition Director for past NCAA Men's Division I Nationals and numerous Pac 10 Conference Championships.In 2010, attended the FINA Junior Olympic World Diving Championships to take the International Judging Certification Class which was successfull completed.

U.S. Diving. AAU Diving. Professional Diving Coaches Association. FINA.

B.S. in Recreation and California Teaching Credential in Physical Education/Aquatics. U.S. Diving Safety Certified Coach.

U.S. Diving National Award of Excellence. Northern California Diving Association Coach of the Year. U.S. Diving Region 10 Coach of the Year