Square Foot/Intensive Gardening/Jim Kennard

Question
We just a year ago planted an alfafa crop on a dry land that is hilly, and previously planted with barley grain.  We have had a perfect year of rain, and warm weather in which we grew a nice crop in 1/2 of our 160 acres of land.  In the other half, it didn't grow, more than a couple of inches, and also was kind of yellow.  Sometimes in the middle of the poor area there would be a beautiful tuff of alfafa.  We had experts out (they didn't figure out the problem) , and soil tested, where it was found that both soils were the same.  I attended David Gillmore class and asked him the question about this.  He said you Jim Kennard would know the answer.  We are desperate and hope you might be able to help us.  It was fertilized with a mixture of Nitrogin and Phosphorus and little sulfate .  our farm is in the foothills of Southern Alberta Canada.  
I hope that you can help us or know someone that might be able.  Thank you so much for your time

Answer
Stacy:

We recommend the use of Weekly Feed and Pre-Plant on field crops.  The actual materials used depend on what you have abailable to you.

Please research the cost and availability of the following:

21-0-0
34-0-0
46-0-0

0-45-0
18-46-0
11-53-0

0-0-50
0-0-60

Lime (if your annual rainfall is greater than 20" on average)
Gypsum (if your rainfall is less than that)

Magnesium - the highest % you can get for the best price

Zinc
Boron
Manganese
Iron
Copper
Molybdenum

You can communicate with me directly at jim@growfood.com

Jim Kennard

Square Foot/Intensive Gardening

Jim Kennard