Squash & Racquetball/Racquetball ball hits defensive player

Question
Offensive player is set up to hit the shot but feels the defensive player is too close and stops play to prevent injury, the ball then hits the defensive player. In this situation is it a play over or is it a point for the offensive player due to the ball ball hitting the defensive player.

Answer
Comes down to timing. If the offensive player calls hindrance/dead ball/etc for safety reason, it's (at THAT point) a dead ball. If the ball hits the defensive player AFTER the dead ball is called, it's a dead ball. You play the point over.

Any other Qs, let me know.

Rob

Squash & Racquetball

Rob Chabot