St.Martin/Maarten/When you go to St.Martin/Maarten do you have to speak Dutch or English?

When you go to St.Martin/Maarten do you have to speak Dutch or English? I speak fluent Standard Dutch (same type used in Belgium and the Netherlands) and English. What is the entry requirement for St.Martin/Maarten? I have a passport of Belgium and the United States. Are the authorities in St.Martin/Maarten required to give you official paperwork in Dutch if you request this?

English is spoken on both the French & Dutch sides of the island.French is also spoken on the French side.
I would imagine that some Dutch is spoken on the Dutch side, but since I don't speak that language myself, I have no experience with it.
A valid passport is required for entry, with passport expiration at least 6 months in the future.
I'm not sure what official paperwork in Dutch that you are asking about.
Hope this helps you!

These are some of the areas that I can help with: Restaurant and beach recomendations, things to do other than beach going, places to shop, what to bring, what not to bring, general questions about the island, getting around.

Vacationed in St. Martin since 1993.