Stained Glass/making a pattern from existing lampshade

Question
Several years ago I made a copper foiled lampshade for a relative, who has now asked me to make another one exactly the same.  The shade was constructed on a 16" dome mold (Worden GF16), approx. 220 pieces, and the actual pattern was my own, so it is a one of a kind.  Problem is, I no longer have the pattern.  How can I transfer the design from the actual 3D lampshade onto pattern paper to enable me to make templates to cut out glass pieces to construct an exact replica lampshade. I thought of covering the shade with thin paper then putting the shade on my light table and tracing over the solder lines, but this will result in a pattern which will be slightly bigger than the GF16 mold I will use to construct the new shade.  How can I compensate for the size difference?  Hope I am making sense to you as I really need a solution.

Answer
Well Carol, I've never done this exact process,but it sounds like you are on the right path.

Make your drawing which is what I would do if I was duplicating a flat design.  You can then transfer your thin pattern to a heavier stock, cut it out  and affix to your done and you will quickly see if it will work and how much,if any, you will need to adjust the pattern.  I don't think you will need to do much pattern adjustment except to allow for the solder.  Let us know how it works out.
and good luck to you

Stained Glass

lyn buerger