Stained Glass/Estimate for repair

Question
I got a quote for repair of 3 stained glass windows but insurance company asked me to get a more detailed estimate.  The business that gave me the original quote said they cannot give a more detailed estimate because it is a custom job and they know more as the work is being done.  Does that make sense?

Answer
fish lamp
fish lamp  
hello janet the person doing the repair work should be able to give a detailed full price after they examine the work to be done.in most cases this is possible and include any materials that will be used in the repair they should tell you up front what all costs will be in some instances the price may vary after they start work but it would only be around 50.00 either way.if this is a repair why are you calling it custom work are these windows going to made smaller or larger than their original size

Stained Glass

Chester Reinhardt