Stained Glass/Foil number

Question
Maltese cross
Maltese cross  
Hi. I have a project I'm doing for a deceased coworker. I'm making a plaque with a fire helmet in it and can't figure out how to create and/or attach numbers for our engine. How should I go about it?

Answer
LLoyd,

From what I can tell from the photo, you have done a very good job with your design and the fabrication of your plaque.  

Perhaps the simplest, technically, way to add the numbers would to have a sign shop cut stencils in a film that would resist light sandblasting. This would be applied over the  entire plaque so as to not etch any other area. The sandblasted area, appropriately placed on the center section, would then show up as a more or less white area for the numbers.

Another way would be to use rear view mirror adhesive that cures anaerobically. This could be used to affix the numbers to the base glass.

Another way would be to cut a circle of clear glass and fix the numbers to that glass with an adhesive that sets up with ultra-violet light. Once done, foil the clear glass and plate it to the base circle by soldering it to the base. this double plating is frequently done for the added effect. the clear glass will have a reflectivity to it that the base red glass would not have on its own.

Of the three possibilities presented, I think the sandblasted solution is the best artistically.

I hope I have interpreted your question correctly. If not contact me at the number below.

Also, there is something I would like to share with you. It is an opportunity to generate a significant amount of monthly residual income. Without going further on this site, let me just say that the opportunity is approved and fully licensed by your and other states in the North East and has strong endorsement by the Wall Street Journal. Check it out. You don't know what you don't know!

You may either call me here at  (214-557-3225) or email me with your contact information at info@planbassociates.net.

Thanks and Regards,
Carl Trimble
Trimble Studios
www.trimblestudios.com  

Stained Glass

H Carl Trimble III