Stained Glass/Glass Soldering.

Glass Soldering
Glass Soldering  
Dear H Carl‎‎

Glass Soldering can be done specific to Glass Type viz Stained Glass  Or this technique can be applied to all types of Glasses ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I apologize  for the delay in the response. Covered up with commission work. Hard to find time to respond to this and other inquiries.

If I understand your question, you are wanting to know if the soldering techniques for stained glass are usable for other types of glass.

Glass is glass. It doesn't matter if it is colored glass in its varying thicknesses and textures or just plain old window glass. The soldering process is the same. There is nothing to differentiate between types of glass.

So, go for it.

If this does not adequately answer your question, respond with a more complete set of circumstances with which your are concerned. Please be as specific as possible so that I can better answer the question.

Carl Trimble
Trimble Studios

Stained Glass

H Carl Trimble III

One of a kind custom design stained glass as well as other glass art methods and the restoration of stained glass. Inquiries regarding leaded, beveled, etched sand carved, and fused glass techniques are invited. Other methods, technical questions,history of the art and supply source inquiries also welcome. Information on the pro's and con's of protective glazing of stained glass windows. Visit for more complete information.

Over forty years experience in a wide range of techniques that include "stained glass", wood working and metal fabrication. Have worked from my own full service studio since 1977. Many major residential, commercial and religious installations from Charlottesville, Virginia and Atlanta, Georgia to San Diego California as well as much of the State of Texas

Professional Affiliate,Certified Trainer, and Preferred Provider for the American Institute of Architects, AIA, Dallas, Texas. I have served on the Board of Directors of both the Texas Fine Arts Association and the Texas Visual Arts Association

Bachelor of Fine Arts, The University of Texas, Tyler. Master of Fine Arts, The University of North Texas, Denton. Just a few hours short of a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Texas at Austin.

Many first place and best of show awards in both stained glass and fine arts competitions. Steady commission work for the past ten years has obviated any recent competitive activity.

Most recent major commissions are for American Airlines CR Smith Museum; JFK Airport Terminal 8 stained glass; TXU Energy Plaza Thor stained glass. The Mansion at Turtle Creek, Dallas and and St. John the Apostle Catholic Church in Terrell, Texas