Stained Glass/Patina first or Cement first

Do I apply the patina before cementing or do I cement first and then apply the patina ?

Since you are cementing, I will assume you are doing lead and not copper foil and I finish the piece and then add any patina, because at this point the piece is very clean.

Most of the time I do not use any patina when I do lead because I usually work in zinc in straight areas and they will take patina differently.  but when I do copper foil  I clean and then patina.  

Stained Glass

lyn buerger

Questions about construction of stained glass using copper foil or lead. Repair, designing a pattern, how I go about helping my customers achieve their goals.

I've been doing stained glass for about 35 years. Teach stained glass in my studio and at the local University (UTA Eontinuing Edu)for over 25 years.

Many art related organizations, and several business organization Ecademy, RYZE, LINKEDIN.

Many trade magazine and have published several art/craft instrucitonal books.

Some formal college, but no degree. I just took classes that I thought would help me through life and did not work toward a degree.