Stained Glass/Identify a stain glass window

Question
Church glass
Church glass  
Can you please tell me what kind of stained glass this is? It came out of an ole church that was torn down. And is there any value to it?

Answer
Mike,

I don't want to be insensitive to you in the response, but I do not think this is actually glass. But, first of all, the picture is quite small and much detail is not there with which to base an opinion.

There are some elements that lead me to believe this is some kind of plastic or plastic overlay which has been applied to either a sheet of glass or a piece of plexiglass. It reminds me of a product called "Stained Glass Overlay." This is a cheap substitute for stained or leaded glass that has been foisted on the public as a legitimate substitute for the real thing.
The use of the name is a misnomer and should not be used for the printed plastic film that is applied to sheet glass in much the same way that tinted windows are done in an automobile.

First of all the colors seem flat and not translucent or able to transmit light.  Second, the shapes are incompatible with cutting glass for stained glass. The right angle intrusions are virtually impossible to cut into a piece of glass and, if done at all, would lead to cracks in the glass leading from the corners of the right angle intersections. In other words it is my opinion that this is not stained glass. Its value lies with the beholder. That is for you to decide. There is, otherwise and in my opinion, no inherent value in this piece.

It would be dishonest for me to infer any value in this. I hope you weren't offended by the assessment. If you sent a better, more detailed image to my email address in a jpeg format,
I could more accurately determine just what it is that you do have.

Carl Trimble
Trimble Studios
Dallas, TExas
carl@trimblestludios.com

Stained Glass

H Carl Trimble III