Stains, Mopping, Wiping, Ironing, Cleaning/Stain on Vanity Sink

I have a question about some stains on the vanity sink/washbasin.
Pics on this link

They are yellow type of stains which don't go with any cleaning products I have used example baking soda

I am not sure what is causing these stains as we just use the sink for normal use and don't use any special cleaning product etc - We do notice these increasing which surprises me.

Can you please advice on how to clean these?

Your help is much appreciated!

If you only use the sink for normal use (not cleaning paint brushes for example) your stains are probably from mineral deposits in the water (aka "hard water"). And if you are having a hard time cleaning it may be due to the hard water because it increases films and stains from soaps, minerals, and other substances. Calcium and magnesium in water leave hard deposits - called lime scales. These minerals make cleaning products less effective. To clean away lime scale, you need a cleaning product with "sequestrants to capture and deactivate minerals in water. (Calgon is one example of a product with sequestrants.) The deactivated minerals then cannot react with other materials to form scum, film, or lime scale. Using a product such as Calgon will "soften" the water. Cleaners mixed with softened water work more effectively in that you need to use less to get the same results (but that is another topic).  

You said you used baking soda. Did you try mixing it with white vinegar to make a paste? Let it stand for about 10 minutes and rub with an old wash cloth. You can also try 2-4 tablespoons trisodium phosphate in gallon of softened water apply using a nylon bristle brush then rinse.
You said it was a yellow type stain, however, here are some other things you can try.
If there is any reddish tinge to the stain (caused by rust in your pipes) a paste of borax and lemon juice; let dry, then rinse or a paste of mild scouring powder, cream of tartar,       peroxide; let stand 1/2 hour, then rinse or try a commercial product such as ZUD or        Oxalic acid, 1 part to 10 parts water, then rinse.
If there is a green blue tinge try a mixture of half water half ammonia.
If there is a brownish tinge try a paste made of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide.
I hope this helps you.  

Stains, Mopping, Wiping, Ironing, Cleaning

R Adams

3m Certified carpet cleaning instructor can answer questions regarding spots/stains on carpet and other floor coverings and possible ways to remove same. Can also answer questions with regard to upholstery cleaning. I do not recommend specific name brands, companies or products.

10 years as a Former 3M Certified Carpet Cleaning Instructor. Certified flooring inspector for major mills 1985-present.

Floor Covering Inspector Training School; FCITS Floor Covering Inspection Technical Services; FITS Certified Claims Inspectors Association; CCIA

Hartford Courant

B.S. Chemistry 1971 A.S. Physical Science 1969 Armstrong Certified Installer 1972 3M Certified Carpet Cleaning Specialist 1976 FCITS Certified in Carpet and Hard Surface, Commercial and Residential

GE, Phoenix Insurance Group, McDonalds Corp, WTNH, US NAVY, Xerox, Time Warner, Pitney Bowes, Conair, Yale New Haven Hospital, UCONN, Price Waterhouse, PepsiCo