Stains, Mopping, Wiping, Ironing, Cleaning/yellowed linoleum in kitchin

Question
How do I remove the yellowing on the linoleum of my kitchen floor, thank you.

Answer
I am assuming you are really talking about linoleum and not vinyl. Linoleum is a linseed oil & cork product. Cleaning instructions are different for linoleum than for vinyl. So PLEASE be sure this is what you have.

Yellowing can be from throw rugs, traffic, inadequate maintenance or can just occur naturally in areas not exposed to natural light, the latter of which is referred to as seasoning bloom due to the oxidation of the linseed oil. It will disappear with time if exposed to natural light.

The other types of yellowing can be removed or improved by doing the following:

If they are yellow stains:
1. Sweep/vacuum the floor
2. Dampen with water
3. Sprinkle Baking soda over the yellowed area
4. Let it set for 10-15 minutes
5. Use a soft cloth to wipe the baking soda away.
6. Repeat if needed.

If it is overall yellowing (not due to seasoning blooming) do the following.

1. Pour 1 qt of chlorine bleach to 1 gal of cool water in a bucket
2. Wearing rubber gloves saturate a lint free cloth with this solution
3. Wash the linoleum with the cloth continuing to saturate the cloth as you go
4. Leave a thin layer of the solution on the floor for at least 30 minutes -60 minutes
5. Dry with a lint free cloth
6. Rinse the floor with clear water
If not successful then do this:
7. Rinse out bucket, mix 1/2 gal vinegar & 1/2 gal water
8 Saturate a mop with this solution and wash the linoleum
9. Rinse with clear water
If not successful then do this:
10 Create a mixture of bleach scouring powder & water (pasty consistency of water & comet/ajax
  comet/or similar/etc)
11 Dip a scouring pad into the paste and scrub areas that sill show yellowing Allow to
  soak in for a few minutes and rinse with water
12 Repeat as needed.

BE SURE TO TEST THESE METHODS IN AN INCONSPICUOUS PLACE PRIOR TO USING OVER YOUR ENTIRE FLOOR.  

Stains, Mopping, Wiping, Ironing, Cleaning

R Adams