Stamps (Philately)/Moon Landing 1969

jbritt wrote at 2010-09-29 02:19:48
I have the same stamp. It was given to my father who was the county GOP chairman where I grew up.

The signatures look the same...I supsect they are auto-pen.  

Marlene wrote at 2011-05-06 23:51:34
To the two people who say they have this "stamp with signatures" I am curious if yours also has what appears to be water stain on them anywhere. I have one as well and there is a stain on it where some one split some thing on it and cleaned it off smearing the ink on the picture. I found another person who sold theirs in 2008 for 10 dollars. Theirs had what appeared to be water damage on it as well in the fram which makes me wonder. You can email me back at mnburke102083atyahoo if you actually happen to read this.

Thomcollects wrote at 2011-10-11 15:49:08

<< Previous Lot    | Lot: 41236 |    Next Lot >>

Track this Lot

Jump to Lot:    

Lot

41236   

Richard Nixon "First Man on the Moon" Stamp Presentation Signed.... (Total: 1 Items)

2009 April Signature Space Exploration Auction #6022

View Larger Image

Sold for:   $567.63 (includes BP )

Currency Converter

Bid Source: Live: Phone

Make Offer:   

You now have the opportunity to acquire very rare items that may not be auctioned again for some time by making an anonymous offer that will make the owner sell.  

Auction Ended On:    Apr 1, 2009

Item Activity:   4 Internet/mail/phone bidders  

1,011 page views

Printable auction results for all items in the 2009 April Signature Space Exploration Auction.

Description:

Richard Nixon "First Man on the Moon" Stamp Presentation Signed. Also signed by U.S. Postmaster General Winton Blount. A handsome 11" x 14" color lithographed print with a single stamp affixed at lower right with "First Day of Issue" cancellation. Inset into an 8.5" x 9" photo of Earth from space at the top is a photo of Neil Armstrong on the moon with his famous words overlaid: "...one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." At lower left are the signatures of President "Richard Nixon" and Postmaster General "Winton M. Blount". Attached to the verso is a typed letter dated July 20, 1970, from Blount, in part: "The enclosed memento from President Nixon and me is a token of our appreciation for your service to the Nation..." Excellent condition.

View large image(s) of this item  

John Knows wrote at 2013-09-21 05:52:24
Yes, your signatures are auto-penned, but this does not detract much from the value of a presidential signature; it is still penned as opposed to 'printed.' Furthermore, what you have is a heck of a lot more than a first day cover. Almost all the stamps on those were made from dies that never left the Earth, and there were hundreds of millions of them; I'd guess only a few thousand were "made from the die carried to and from the moon." It's a rare item and hard to put a value on but if it were mine I'd be hesitant to part with it for under $100, though I might start an auction at $10 and pray for a miracle from the Moon Goddess (but if you do and she's sleeping, I'll get it for ten!)

Owen wrote at 2014-09-23 20:46:33
I too have one of these, as described in the above posting, with signatures of Nixon and Blount, and text indicating that dies used had gone to moon and back.

I would like to sell it, if the $500+ value is legit.  Do you have a recommendation of how I should proceed?

Barryway wrote at 2014-10-30 20:09:25
Estoy muy interesado. Yo compré una igual a la de usted.

Para comprobar la autenticidad, me dediqué a rastrear por internet y compré una segunda para comprobar firmas. Cual fue mi sorpresa al

Observar que están realizadas con distinta tinta y grosor.

Estaría encantado de poder mostrárselas. Tengo una grata sensación con estos dos documentos.

Barryway wrote at 2014-10-30 20:10:26

Stamps (Philately)

Charles Bromser