Stamps (Philately)/Unknown stamp Holy Childhood

Kathy wrote at 2011-08-01 04:40:48
I am nearly positive that these are an example of the Holy Childhood Christmas Seals that we sold when I was young and in Catholic School.  (BTW, I would love to buy them from you).  I have started collecting them since I found books of them in my Grandmother's things when she passed.  She bought them every year from us kids and then must have put them away.  I sold them in the 60's.  They are seals rather than stamps so were just used to decorate envelopes. I understand they are still made though not as widely sold by parochial school students. You could get additional information from the Holy Childhoold Association.  I don't know their website but I have googled it often.  Feel free to contact me by email.

Diane wrote at 2013-06-04 01:19:49
This is a holy childhood stamp that i used to sell around Xmas time at a catholic school in Pittsburgh PA. They are not postage stamps.The money that was collected from selling these stamps went to fund catholic missions. As an incentive we would be rewarded prizes for how many we sold. The prizes were either holy medals or statues of the Blessed Mother or Jesus. We would go door to door and sell them to neighbors around Xmas time.They would be used on envelopes of Christmas cards or packages . They are from the late 50's early 60's

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.