Stamps (Philately)/WWII Tokyo Bay USS Wilkes-Barre Cancelled Stamp

Lawrence B. Brennan, Capt USN (ret.) wrote at 2015-08-27 13:31:28
This may be a backdated cover - common for USS WILKES BARRE at Tokyo Bay for the surrender.  Seems someone had access to the postmark and used it for years after.  The genuine covers have a mimeo cachets postmarks.  See USCS Postmark Catalog for details.  

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.