Can you tell me if having signatures on mint U. S. stamp shets either add to the value of them or reduces them? I have several such sheets with either Postal officials, or stamp designers. For example, i have a sheet of Circus stamps from the 1960's with the following inscription,"TO THE FATHER OF THE AMERICAN CIRCUS STAMP, DR. I. M. CONOLLY ,U.S. ASSISTANT POST MASTER GENERAL GORDON YOUNG  POSTMASTER, and some from the brothers of the birds of the 50 states, i believe berger and berger, and then some form the Atlanta Olympic commitee. thank you for your response.

To the average collector the signatures do not significantly add to the value of the sheets. Most times they are an interesting bonus, but the collectors are not willing to pay extra. The real value may rest in the interest of specialized or topical collectors. A collector of Circus related material may find your circus sheet interesting and pay a small premium for the sheet. The problem is the signatures are not philatelic. Unfortunately, I do not think that there is any set price guide for these sheets.

W T Crowe

Stamps (Philately)

William T. Crowe

Most all questions concerning US and US Possessions philately and postal history.

Professional Philatelist 1970 to date. Consultant to The Philatelic Foundation (NY) 1973-1991, Senior Expert The Philatelic Foundation (NY) 1991-2004. Senior Expert PSE 2004-2008, consultant to PSE 2008 to date. Consultant to APEX (American Philatelic Expertizing, an arm of the American Philatelic Society) 1973 to date. Member of AIEP, US Classics Society (life)

US Classics Society (Life)

Western Roundup - co-Editor, The Philatelic Foundation Seminar Textbook No. 1 Opinions, Vol I through VI - published by The Philatelic Foundation

Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering - Georgia Institute of Technology

Between myself and my clients.