Stamps (Philately)/Documentary Stamps

Question
QUESTION: I forgot to write Documentary Stamps in my letter. Since you answered several other letters on Documentary stamps I'll try again. I found 4 Documentary stamps and was wondering if they were worth anything a 1948 R.J.
Walker $10---1950 T. Ewing $2---1950 L. Woodbury $1---1950 G. M. Bibb. One has
Blue no. on it. Another 2 of them has blue smudges top and bottom and the other
one might have blue no. on it. If they are worth anything where would I go to
sell them?

ANSWER: Hello Judi,

Thanks for your question.

The $10 stamp from 1948 is Scott #R503 and it has a list value of $1.50.

The $2 stamp from 1950 is Scott #R549 and it has a list value of $2.75.

The $1 stamp from 1950 is Scott #R548 and it has a list value of 40c.

The blue on each stamp are cancellation marks.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.

QUESTION: When pasteing question The ammount didn't print on the 1950 G.M.Bibb $5 so you couldn't answer. Also where do I go to sell them?

Answer
Hello again Judi.

the $5 stamp you have there is Scott #R552 and it has a list value of $1.00.  Your best bet to sell them is to a private stamp dealer in your area or list then on an Internet auction site (such as E-Bay).  Selling to a dealer will get you your money in hand fast but will not always offer you the best return.  Selling through an auction site will usually give a higher return but the down side is that there are fees involved and it usually takes a little longer to get you your money in hand.  Good luck.

Terry

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton