Stamps (Philately)/documentary stamps

series 1948
series 1948  
The documentary stamps that I have do not have a cancellation stamp on them. Please let me know what the value may be on them. I have attached a picture for you to view.

Hello Tammye,

Thanks for your question.

The $1 revenue stamp is Scott #R548 and it has a list value of 40c.  The 10c revenue stamp is Scott #R542 and it has a list value of 30c.  The 50c revenue stamp is Scott #R546 and it has a list value of 35c.  The 5c revenue stamp is Scott #R540 and it  has a list value of 35c.

Your stamps are in very good condition but they do fall into the used or cancelled category (even without the cancellation marks.  In order for a stamp to be considered as "mint" it needs to be unused, unhinged and have all the original gum on the back.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996