Stamps (Philately)/War Savings Stamps/Bonds

Hi Terry,

My husband and I are liquidating the estate for his parents.  We have found a savings stamp book that has only $2.50 in stamps.  The stamps are from 1942.  I understand that this program has discontinued by the Post Office, however is there a market for these items and if so, where do we locate such individuals?

Thank you for any advice you can give.  

Hello Georgia,

Thanks for your question.  First, my condolences on the loss of your husband's parents.  Liquidating an estate is a tough job.  

Your information is correct about the program having been discontinued by the USPS some time ago.

Honestly, there is not a lot of demand for a small amount of savings stamps such as you have there.  My suggestion would be to see if you could sell it through E_bay.  My suggestion is to see if there is a relative who collects stamps and maybe they would be interested in them.  If not, consider putting them in a frame and displaying them in a den or family room.  They make for neat conversation pieces as not too many people have heard of these stamps before.

I wish I had better info for you.  Good luck.  Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996