Stamps (Philately)/10 cent Monroe

Question
Monroe
Monroe  
Hi Mike,

I just send you a mail with out the attachment. Sorry about this.
Can you tell me if this is a regular or something else?
I'm confused by all the different stories about the stamp.

Greetings

Maarten

Answer
Hi Maarten,
Thanks for the question,
Maarten, I wish I could tell you you had something special, but yours is just a normal used copy of this stamp. If you do not have one, you may want to purchase a perforation gauge, widely available at minimum cost. This is used to measure perforation on stamps. It is needed to help identify different varieties of the same looking stamp. This stamp has at least 3 different listings depending on the perf size. None are valuable in used condition, listed at less than $1 ea. The only rare variety is one that has different size perfs at the top and bottom, yours is not one, it has the same size perfs at top and bottom. I'm not sure what stories you heard, but that is all I could think of.
Hope this helps,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern