Stamps (Philately)/1988 German Elvis Presley Stamp

Question
How much is a full issue mint sheet (25 stamps ("60" value each)) of 1988 Germany issue Elvis Presley stamps worth?

I am having a very difficult time finding a value for this. Are the single stamps that rare? Is a full mint sheet even more rare?

I still have it in the air mail envelope in which it was sent here from Germany with all the posting!!

Thanks for yor assistance!

Answer
Hi Robert,

the German 1988 Elvis stamp was issued in a set of four youth-welfare stamps (together with Buddy Holly, Jim Morrison and John Lennon). By purchasing a welfare stamp one gives an additional donation (e.g. +30 in the case of the Elvis stamp). The total number of issues of the 1988 Elvis stamp was 4753000 which is slightly more than 10% of the edition for non-welfare stamps. For that reason, German welfare-stamps are relatively rare (compared to other commemorative stamps).
According to the current Michel stamp catalog, the price for 1 single Elvis stamps is 3.50 Euro (appr. 4.50 US$). For a complete sheet we usually allow up to 25% in addition. This means, that your complete sheet might have a catalog value of about 140 US$.
But please note:
the price mentioned in a stamp catalogue is the price you would have to pay, if you buy it from a stamp dealer. If you want to sell the stamp to a dealer (and while swapping with other collectors) you'll get 30 - 50 % of the mentioned price (maximum).

Hope this will answer your question.
Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter  

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang