Stamps (Philately)/first-day issue stamps on envelopes

I have four "first day of issue" envelopes--in cellophane, not cancelled and in first-rate, pristine condition--part of, I believe the Liberty Stamps series: John Marshall (9/24/55, Richmond, 40 cents), Abraham Lincoln (11/19/54, New York, 4 cents), Paul Revere (4/18/58, Boston, 25 cents), and Susan B. Anthony (8/25/55, Louisville, 50 cents).  Could you please give me an idea of monetary worth and any other area(s) of value?  Thank you.

Sammy Parker,

I can tell you that the current catalog (retail) value for the First Day Covers you listed, if unaddressed, are $2.00, $1.50, $1.25 and $6.00 respectively.  If addressed, the covers are valued much less.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.