Stamps (Philately)/first man on the moon

Question
Hello, the horse rescue got a whole container of old stamps one of which was a sheet of 8 man on the moon airmail stamps.. never used. the number on the top of the sheet is 31375, would you happen to know what they are worth. Thank so much. Also i have many others. Outbacvkjacks

Answer
Hi Outbackjack,
First I would like to commend you on what I'm sure is a great and very worthwhile organization. Unfortunately, I wish I could tell you that the sheet is very valuable. The sheet you have is listed in the Scott catalog as Cat #C76, these have a list value of 25c each stamp (this is the minimum for any listed stamp) or about $8 for the sheet. To be honest because this is considered a common stamp, they usually retail closer to face value. Of course without seeing the rest of the stamps it is impossible to tell the value. If the remainder are from the same era then they also would be considered common and sell for face value and even less.
You may want to try to find a local stamp club or dealer who could assist you, in at least establishing a value. Hopefully one of them is an animal lover as myself and could even assist you further. If you can't find someone, then you could also try to see if the local library has a copy of the Scott Specialized Catalog of United States Stamps and Covers, this has a listing of almost every U.S. Stamp ever issued and approximate FULL RETAIL value. Just a note about values, these are top retail values, actual retail is usually closer to 50-70%. If sold as a lot to a dealer you could expect about 20% of Cat value.  
Thanks again for the question and best of luck,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern