Stamps (Philately)/German Stamp

Question
Hi! We live in California in a 100 year old home. We recently remodeled our kitchen and in the process found a postcard from Germany. The stamp is red with the profile of a woman with long hair and a crown? She may be holding the handle of a sword? The stamp says 10 in the top left and right corners and it says, "Deutsches Reich" on the bottom. I am interested in dating this stamp/postcard. Would you be able to tell me when that particular stamp was used? Thank you, Heather

Answer
Hello Heather,

the stamp on your postcard has been issued on April 1st 1902. It shows the portrait of actress Anna Fuehring symbolizing an allegorial figure "GERMANIA" with the crown of the German Emperor. The stamp was valid for use until end of October 1922. The 10 "Pfennig" (Penny) stamp was a very common face value and therefor the current catalog value is only about 1.5 US$.

Hope this will anser your question.
Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang