Stamps (Philately)/Series 1952 Documentary Stamp Value

I have 20 Series 1952 documentary U.S.I.R.S. 110 (one dollar and ten cents) stamps. They are red with L.J. Gage's portrait and in excellent condition. What are they worth?

Thanking you in advance for your attention and response, I am.

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your question.

Revenue stamps were used as a form of receipt for goods received or services rendered.

That particular stamp you have there is Scott R600 and, per Scotts 2012 catalogue, it has a list value of $25.00 each.  Nice find!

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996