Stamps (Philately)/Stamp worth

I have a gold foil stamp with George Washington's profile on it. It has a date range of 1732-1982 printed on it. It is a US .20 cent stamp. Is this worth anything?

Hello Ray,

Thanks for your question.  It's one that comes up often and it's good to review.

Gold replica stamps were issued by private companies in an attempt to cash in on the popularity of stamp collecting.  Gold replica stamps were never issued by the U.S.P.S.  That being said, their list value can be quite speculative.  I have seen these covers (some of which are quite beautiful) retail between $1.00 and $5.00 with $1.50 being the norm.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996