Stamps (Philately)/Elvis stamp sheet

Stamp sheet
Stamp sheet  

Stamp sheet post mark
Stamp sheet post mark  
I have a sheet of Elvis stamps that I purchased on Jan 3rd 1993.   I then took the sheet to the Memphisost office where it was postmarked with the Elvis gates and dated the same day of issue.

After this I took it to a framer and placed in a sealed frame and it in perfect condition in a high end stamp frame.  

Is this considered a collectible?  If so, would you have any idea the value??

Best regards,

Todd Griffin
Memphis , Tennessee

Interesting that your sheet was cancelled on January 3rd, 1993, since the official first day of issue was January 8th, 1993.  A normal Elvis first day cover cancelled in Memphis on the 8th has a catalog (retail) value of $2, but this is different.  It would be pure speculation on my part to place a value on your sheet, but I would absolutely consider it collectible.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.