Stamps (Philately)/Inauguration cancellations 2013

Question
QUESTION: Hi.  I have been looking and looking, but I have not seen anything on this.  Has there been any information released as to the addresses you can send covers to be cancelled with cancellations for President Obama's 2nd inauguration?  I have been doing this since Reagans 2nd Inauguration, but I can't find anything for this one.

THank you for any help you can give me

Kasey

ANSWER: Hi Kasey,

Thanks for your question.

I just sent off some home-made covers for the 2nd Inauguration.  The address I sent them to is Presidential Inauguration,  Postmaster,  Washington, DC 20066-9998.   Remember you will need to add your own return postage on each cover you wish postmarked.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.

QUESTION: Hi Terry.  Thanks again for the information, but I have a question.  Besides asking you, I also went to the USPS web site and asked the same question.  After a while, I finally got an answer and it was this
--------------------
Thank you for contacting me to obtain the address to send an envelope to be cancelled for the Presidential Inauguration.

I am sorry, I do not have an address where you can send an envelope to be cancelled for the Inauguration.

Kazimer, you can purchase the 2013 Inauguration Day Official Commemorative Cover through the Postal Store:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_788721&categoryId=subcatC_PP_StampCachets

Or over the phone:

1-800-STAMP24 (782-6724)
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM EST
Saturday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Closed Sundays and most Holidays

Kazimer, I appreciate the opportunity to address your concern. If we can assist you in the future, please contact us through the following link:

http://www.usps.com/customerservice/redirects/email.htm?from=CustomerService&pag

Thank you for using the United State Postal Service.

Mary A
---------------------------------
Are you sure you can send in your own covers this year or is it a pay for covers only event (something I would not put past a USPS that is in need of money)

Thanks again

Kasey

Answer
Hi Kasey,

Thanks for your follow up.

The USPS is a private company that would like to sell their own covers.  They will have some nice artwork for them and they will sell many.  I personally like designing my own and sending them off for the cancellation only.

I have been sending in my own covers for Inauguration cancellations since 1972.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if i can be of any more help.

Terry

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton