Stamps (Philately)/Kennedy FDC

My dad had an extensive collection of Kennedy FDC from May 29th.  He had mailed his covers to over 200 post offices around the country.  he received 2 back that were cancelled accidently on May 28th.  Is there an increased value with these?

Hello Doug,

Thanks for your question.

That stamp, Scott #1246, issued on May 29, 1964, is one of my favorite stamps.  The official date of issue was May 29.  Some postmasters got an early start to their cancellation process and hence, some of them are dated the 28th.  It really does not add to the value but it considered more of an oddity.  

The value of these covers is $3.00 each if postmarked from Boston and $5.00 each if postmarked from any other city.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996